10 Best WordPress Instagram Plugins for 2024
Embedding Instagram feed to a WordPress website is an excellent strategy to enhance social media engagement. This way, you can provide a visually appealing gallery, encouraging visitors to become your Instagram followers.
Thanks to WordPress Instagram plugins, you can quickly connect multiple social media accounts and create feeds without any coding knowledge.
However, choosing the best WordPress plugin for creating Instagram feeds can be time-consuming. To speed up the process, we’ve compiled the 10 best WordPress Instagram plugins for various use cases.
Top 10 WordPress Instagram Plugins
Most Instagram feed plugins offer standard configuration options like layout customization and content moderation. If you want more advanced features, like adding feeds from other social media platforms, consider opting for paid Instagram WordPress plugins.
As for customer support, all premium plugins on the list offer standard services. Meanwhile, you can ask for help in various WordPress community forums regarding free Instagram plugins.
Without further ado, let’s look at the 10 best Instagram WordPress plugins, analyzing each one’s key features and pricing range.
Smash Balloon Instagram Feed Pro Stats:
- Downloads: 1,000,000+
- Rating: 4.9/5
- Notable features: full feed customization, built-in shortcode options, header customization, a backup caching system
- Price: freemium (Instagram Feed Pro priced at $49-149/year, All Access Bundle costs $299/year)
Smash Balloon Instagram Feed Pro offers a feed editor with various customization options to simplify the editing process. This WordPress Instagram plugin is fast and easy to use since you can preview changes in real time.
Moreover, it has multiple pre-built feed layouts, including list, grid, masonry, and carousel. Plus, all feeds created with the Instagram plugin are mobile responsive.
Once you activate Smash Balloon’s Instagram plugin, you will see Instagram Feed on your dashboard sidebar. Navigate to the All Feeds menu and click Add New to create and customize your feed. Finally, connect your account to display the social feed.
If you want to add a social photo feed from other platforms, like Facebook, opt for its All Access Bundle for $299/year.
- Fully localized and translatable – show text in your feed in any language you want by changing the feed’s text strings.
- Social share options – share posts from your website to other social media platforms easily with the built-in share options.
- Unlimited feeds – add one or multiple feeds on your website without limitations.
- Backup caching system – maintain stable feed performance with smart backup caching, even when a social network is down.
- Dynamic data loading – this Instagram WordPress plugin reduces external requests, caches different parts of your feed, and enhances page load speed.
- Dynamic content improvement – embed social media content directly onto your page to improve your site’s relevance.
Spotlight Social Feeds Stats:
- Downloads: 50,000+
- Rating: 4.8/5
- Notable features: a shoppable feed, a custom feed header, multiple design customization options, clever caching, and image optimization
- Price: freemium ($39-99/year)
Spotlight Social Feeds lets users embed multiple Instagram feeds and accounts on a WordPress website to increase visitor engagement. Quickly display photos, videos, and reels on any area of your website.
Thanks to the plugin’s customization options, you can create designs for different screens. Furthermore, the plugin converts Instagram post hashtags into alt tags and uses dynamic content to help improve your search engine optimization (SEO) performance.
To use this plugin, select a pre-built template or create your feed design, connect your account, and show your Instagram feed on WordPress.
- Instant social proof – share tagged Instagram posts and create hashtag feeds to display social proof and testimonials on your site.
- Full customization – choose from more than 40 customizable feed templates to create attractive image galleries on your website. You can also create your own unique design from scratch.
- Post filtering – define keywords, hashtags, and phrases to show or hide posts on your website galleries. There’s also a global filter setting applicable to all your Instagram feeds.
- Content moderation – set up posts you wish to display on your website. Alternatively, you may exclude Instagram content deemed unfit for your feed.
- Shoppable feed – integrate WooCommerce products into your posts, letting visitors purchase goods directly from your feed.
- Built-in analytics – measure your Instagram posts’ performance and gain insights to improve your website.
Feed Them Social Stats:
- Downloads: 50,000+
- Rating: 4.7/5
- Notable features: a simple shortcode generator, multiple social feed options, a versatile layout
- Price: freemium ($50-199/year)
SlickRemix’s Feed Them Social is one of the best WordPress Instagram plugins for displaying different types of social feeds, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube, on your WordPress site. All feeds are fully responsive on various devices.
On top of that, the plugin’s feed fits almost any WordPress theme, making your Instagram integration seamless.
Once you install and activate the plugin, navigate to the FT Social menu on your dashboard and click Add New Feed. Choose your desired account to set up from the social network options. Then, continue to gain an access token.
- Multiple feed types – set up as many feeds as you wish with the plugin’s premium version. Meanwhile, the free version lets you add three types of feed. For instance, a Youtube feed comprises recent uploaded videos, a specific playlist, and channel videos.
- Shortcode generator – easily generate shortcode to configure feed type, gallery width and fixed height, and the number of pictures to show.
- Social extensions – add extensions like Facebook Reviews to display ratings on your business website.
- Social sharing options – this WordPress Instagram plugin allows visitors to share feeds or posts from your site to their own page.
- Easy editing – see a live feed preview as you customize it. Also, you can create a feed and save it to edit later.
Social Slider Feed Stats:
- Downloads: 80,000+
- Rating: 4/5
- Notable features: unlimited Instagram feeds, multiple layout options, visual moderation, a shoppable feed, image display order
- Price: freemium ($29-99/year, or $89-299 for a lifetime subscription)
This WordPress Instagram plugin lets you display unlimited Instagram feeds or content on your site using shortcodes. Social Slider Widget PRO offers various layout options, including sliders, thumbnail, highlight, and masonry.
All the feed layouts are mobile responsive. Also, the plugin’s feed blends with your website style by default.
Social Slider Widget PRO offers a quick setup and is easy to use, suitable even for beginner Instagram users. To start using it, simply enter your username, and no need to authorize on Instagram or handle tokens.
However, we recommend opting for this plugin’s premium version since it is more frequently updated.
- Customizable layouts – configure settings for images and columns, including the size, the number of content to show, and image spacing.
- Image linking – link images to the user profile or different types of URLs, such as images, attachments, and custom ones.
- Image display order – adjust the order of images according to date, popularity, or random image sorting.
- Visual moderation system – show or hide specific posts from your Instagram account easily.
- Shoppable feed – share Instagram posts to your online store’s product page, so visitors can easily shop from your site.
- Pop-up media lightbox – this pro version feature lets visitors view posts from your feed in a pop-up without leaving your site.
- Reliable customer support – offers a free support forum and a premium one to help users navigate through the plugin.
Social Feed Gallery Stats:
- Downloads: 80,000+
- Rating: 4.4/5
- Notable features: feed appearance customization, optimized API, pop-up lightbox, automated site update
- Price: freemium ($49-149 for a lifetime subscription)
Another excellent Instagram feed plugin is Social Feed Gallery, developed by QuadLayers. This WordPress plugin is helpful to connect multiple Instagram accounts and display different feeds.
Social Feed Gallery offers an optimized Instagram API for data caching, minimizing requests, and reducing page load time – helping users maintain excellent site performance.
The steps to using the plugin are straightforward. Add your credentials after activation, click Add New Account, and select an account or a hashtag to automatically generate your access token.
- Unlimited user accounts – display feeds from multiple Instagram accounts with the plugin’s premium plan.
- Customizable lightbox – configure settings to display a pop-up window, giving users a better view of your Instagram content on your WordPress site.
- Post highlights – set specific post IDs, hashtags, or patterns to highlight certain Instagram posts on your site gallery.
- Customizable feed layouts – change the appearance and order of your Instagram feeds using free default layouts, such as grid and carousel. With premium plans, you will get more layout options, including masonry.
- Multiple customization options – the plugin’s premium version offer options to enable a load more button, color customization with a custom background, and custom profile information on the feed header.
Instagram Feed Stats:
- Downloads: 50,000+
- Rating: 4.9/5
- Notable features: content moderation, slider and grid layouts, a flexible content grid, a custom feed title, a shoppable feed, UI customization
- Price: $5-20/month
If you’re looking for an Instagram feed WordPress plugin with flexible customization options, consider Elfsight’s Instagram Feed. Offering 12 ready-to-use color schemes, this Instagram WordPress plugin can be handy when creating a visually appealing feed.
With it, you can display photos, hashtags, usernames, and URLs to increase visitor engagement. Unlike other Instagram plugins for WordPress in this listing, it requires you to set up an account and create a widget on its website.
Scroll down your block editor panel to locate the Social Feed block, click on it, and an Elfsight app window will show.
However, this Instagram feed widget doesn’t have a free version. But you can try the Free Plan to navigate through all the features before purchasing a paid plan. In addition, Instagram Feed’s plans come with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
- Flexible UI customization – adjust parameters and color schemes to blend the feed with your website style. Also, you can use custom painting to create a distinct gallery design.
- Slider and grid layouts – display your Instagram feed as a separate gallery or as part of your page content.
- Predefined templates – choose from tile and classic templates to show your feed. The first lets you hide details and display posts without any details, while the second includes information like the date, comments, and username.
- Moderation options – use the exclude or only filters to display photos of your choice.
- Shoppable Instagram feed – use built-in CTA buttons to link product pages to your photos.
- Downloads: 6,000+
- Rating: 3.8/5
- Notable features: full content control, scheduled posting, unlimited Instagram user accounts, hashtag filtering, image moderation
- Price: freemium ($55-255/year)
Intagrate is an Instagram feed plugin for publishing photos from the platform on your website. It works by automatically integrating Instagram photos with a WordPress site.
Like most plugins featured in this article, you can set up multiple accounts with the same or different configurations.
All you need to do is install and activate the plugin, then go to the plugin’s settings page to log in to your Instagram account. Once done, you can start publishing Instagram photos. Also, there’s an option to create your own media library.
- Multiple photos and videos – add a combination of Instagram photos and videos in a single post.
- Hashtag filtering – use unique hashtags to include or exclude content from showing on your feed.
- Multiple streams – display your Instagram images along with a hashtag or a tagged location.
- Scheduled posting – the plugin shows images when visitors come to your website, but you can adjust it to post photos daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Hashtag to taxonomy conversion – turn Instagram hashtags into WordPress tags or another custom taxonomy.
Social Feed Widget and Block Stats:
- Downloads: 80,000+
- Rating: 4.2/5
- Notable features: connect multiple accounts and feeds, embed feeds using shortcode, lightbox, lazy loading, responsive columns
- Price: freemium ($99-179/year)
WPZOOM’s Social Feed Widget and Block is a user-friendly plugin to display Instagram feeds on your WordPress website. It is fully compatible with the WordPress block editor, letting users add Instagram feeds on any website page.
This Instagram widget for WordPress is highly optimized, letting you display a compelling feed on your site with excellent performance.
To use this plugin, simply install and activate it. Then, connect your Instagram account. You can create unlimited feeds and configure different settings for each of them.
- Customizable layouts – showcase a unique feed by changing the layout. While the free version offers limited options, the Pro plans provide multiple layouts, including grid, masonry, full-width, and carousel.
- Lightbox preview – visitors can easily scroll through your feed to see your photos on the WordPress website.
- Load more button – use it to define your grid parameters and let site visitors unveil more posts from your feed.
- Custom avatar and bio – personalize your feed with a customized avatar and Instagram profile to increase awareness.
- Built-in shortcode – embed Instagram feeds in different locations using shortcode compatible with popular WordPress page builders like Beaver Builder.
- Lazy loading – display high-quality Instagram images in your feed without slowing down your website.
WP Social Ninja Stats:
- Downloads: 10,000+
- Rating: 5/5
- Notable features: a shoppable feed, in-depth filter options, social reviews, a translate option, easy integration with social platforms and page builders
- Price: freemium ($44-249/year)
WP Social Ninja is an all-in-one solution to help your brand engage with a wider audience. With this WordPress social tool, users can display social feeds, user reviews, and chat widgets on a website without hassle.
This WordPress plugin offers straightforward customization options to create your preferred design, letting users match the style for the feeds, reviews section, and social chats.
WP Social Ninja is rich with social media network integrations and provides easy installation steps. Once you install and activate the plugin, you can connect multiple platforms in a few clicks.
- Social feeds – there are 10 options to choose from, and users can use shortcode to place multiple feeds anywhere on a website.
- Social reviews – include social proof and recommendations on your site to build trust for your business. You can select only the highest ratings and determine how many reviews to display.
- Social chats – customize pop-up chat box with ranging style options and greeting messages to fit your brand’s color
- Multiple templates – create visually appealing social tools easily using any of the plugin’s provided templates.
- Uniform dimension – users can adjust the text height for social reviews to match a website design.
- Content length – showcase reviews aligned in the front end by customizing a content length button.
10. Simple Social Icons
Simple Social Icons Stats:
- Downloads: 200,000+
- Rating: 4.2/5
- Notable features: easy customization and multiple digital platforms ready
- Price: free
Simple Social Icons is a completely free WordPress Instagram feed plugin developed by StudioPress. Unlike other options in this article, this WordPress social media plugin allows you to display social media icons on your page’s sidebar.
With this free WordPress plugin, you can configure elements from the title and social profile URL to icon size and color. Instead of web fonts, Simple Social Icons uses scalable vector graphics (SVGs) to improve accessibility.
Once you activate the plugin, go to Appearance → Widgets on your WordPress dashboard, and add the Simple Social Icons widget.
However, this free plugin provides limited icon styles. Also, other WordPress Instagram plugins in this list might be a better fit to display Instagram posts – especially for eCommerce sites and business pages.
- Support for numerous platforms – the Simple Social Icons plugin supports over 30 social media and digital platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Tumblr.
- Easy customization – use filters to adjust the social media icons’ order. You can also customize the icons’ color, size, and alignment from the widget form.
Benefits of Embedding Instagram to a Site
Embedding Instagram means inserting an Instagram photo feed or more into a section of your website. This can be done in various ways, such as by providing screenshots, using Instagram’s native embedding code, code generators, or installing Instagram feed plugins for WordPress.
Here are five reasons you should embed Instagram into your WordPress website:
- Add more color and life to the site – make WordPress websites more lively and visually appealing.
- Increase visitor engagement – encourage people to keep scrolling through the feed and stay longer on the site.
- Wider social media reach – direct the traffic from a site to an Instagram profile, increasing its followers.
- Increase brand awareness – once your site visitors and Instagram account followers increase, more people will be aware of the brand and spread the word.
- Boost conversion rates – for an eCommerce site, source content from the Instagram accounts created by customers. This will increase brand credibility and encourage more people to buy a product or service.
WordPress Instagram plugins let you embed social feeds into a website easily. This helps increase visitor engagement, social media reach, brand awareness, and conversion rates.
In this article, we’ve covered both free and premium WordPress plugins for embedding Instagram feeds. Here are our final recommendations:
- Social Slider Feed and Social Feed Gallery – the most straightforward Instagram WordPress plugins.
- Simple Social Icons – the best option for those on a budget.
- Instagram Feed by Elfsight – offers the most extensive customization and social media features.
- WP Social Ninja – the easiest installation process.
- Feed Them Social – provides multiple social media platforms. In addition to Instagram, you can add a Facebook feed and YouTube videos.
We hope this article helps you choose the best plugin to add Instagram photo feeds to your website. Good luck!