15 Best WordPress Instagram Plugins (Free and Paid)
For a business owner, embedding Instagram posts into your WordPress website can be an excellent marketing strategy that combines the powers of two marketing tools into one.
In the past, doing so may have required extensive coding knowledge. Luckily, this process has now been made easy with WordPress plugins.
In this article, we have created two Instagram WordPress plugin lists consisting of free and premium plugins.
Top 7 Free Instagram Plugins
Free Instagram plugins provide you with a way to embed Instagram posts into your website.
In addition, they usually allow basic configuration options such as limited post layout customization and content moderation to filter out the Instagram posts you want to exclude.
Some free WordPress Instagram plugins have premium versions. Naturally, users will be able to access more extensive features if they opt to use the paid versions.
Most of the plugins we recommend below also provide standard customer support and are fully responsive.
Standard customer support means there will typically be a support team ready to help you with any questions or problems you may encounter when using the plugins.
Responsive web design means that the Instagram feed provided by the plugin will look great no matter what device people use to access your website.
1. 10Web Social Photo Feed
- Downloads: 70,000+
- Rating: 4.6/5
- Notable features: customizable layouts, filtered Instagram feeds, Instagram sidebar widget, Lightbox
- Price: freemium
10Web Social Photo Feed is an Instagram WordPress plugin used to easily add an Instagram feed to any of your blog posts or pages.
Let us take a look at the features in more detail:
- Customizable layouts. It offers two free layouts – Thumbnail and Image Browser. Layouts such as Masonry and Blog Style are only available in the pro version.
- Filtered Instagram feeds. The conditional filter is a premium feature that allows you to display or skip certain content through filter logic and condition types.
- Instagram sidebar widget. With this widget, you can display your Instagram photo feed on your site’s sidebar.
- Lightbox. It provides support for HTML5 video and carousel features. The premium version of the plugin also provides you with 15 transition effects and a filmstrip feature.
- Pagination and scroll. The plugin offers pagination, using next and previous buttons. The premium version provides you with an infinite scroll option.
- Themes. It comes with two default themes. The pro version allows you to create diverse themes by changing the colors, sizes, and display styles.
Other than the free plan, premium plans for 10Web Social Photo Feed include Basic at $25/month, Standard at $40/month, and Advanced at $60/month.
2. Simple Social Icons
- Downloads: 200,000+
- Rating: 4.3/5
- Notable features: easy customization and support for numerous digital platforms
- Price: free
Simple Social Icons is a free WordPress Instagram feed plugin developed by StudioPress. It allows you to link your social profiles to your WordPress website by displaying various social media icons on your website’s sidebar.
Here is more information on its features:
- Easy customization. You can customize the icons’ size, color, and alignment all from the widget form. Using a filter, users can change the order of the icons or add more icons.
- Support for numerous digital platforms. It supports over 30 different social media and other digital platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Tumblr.
3. Taggbox Widget: Social Media Aggregator
- Downloads: 1,000+
- Rating: 5/5
- Notable features: customizability, content moderation, built-in analytics, social stories
- Price: freemium
Taggbox Widget is a WordPress social feed plugin used to embed feeds and reviews from various digital platforms.
Let us break down each of its defining features:
- Flexibility. You can customize themes, layouts, fonts, designs, styles, and colors.
- Content moderation. Taggbox Widget gives you the option to automatically or manually moderate your content to help ensure that your feeds stay away from abusive content.
- Built-in analytics. Using built-in analytics, you can measure the performance of your feeds.
- Social stories. You can embed social media stories on your website to run short-time promotions and feature highlights.
Taggbox Widget offers a free plan with limited features. The premium plans it offers are Lite at $19/month, Basic at $39/month, and Pro at $79/month.
4. Feed Them Social
- Downloads: 70,000+
- Rating: 4.7/5
- Notable features: shortcode generator, multiple feed types, customizable layout
- Price: freemium
SlickRemix’s Feed Them Social is a free WordPress plugin for displaying social feeds from Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube on your WordPress site.
Some of its features include:
- Shortcode generator. Using shortcodes, you can modify different aspects of your feed’s layout, such as the number of posts displayed, their height, or whose posts to display.
- Multiple feed types. You can configure the types of posts you feature in a feed. For example, the free version allows you to choose from three types of Facebook feed – a feed made up of posts from a Facebook page, album photos, or album covers.
The free version of the Feed Them Social plugin is available with limited features. You can get the premium extension for one site for $50/year.
5. Social Slider Widget
- Downloads: 80,000+
- Rating: 4.3/5
- Notable features: customizable layout, adjustable image display order, image linking
- Price: freemium
Social Slider Widget is an Instagram feed plugin for displaying Instagram feeds on your WordPress site using shortcodes.
Here is a more detailed explanation about its features:
- Customizable layout. You can customize the size of images and columns, the number of images and columns, and image spacing.
- Adjustable image display order. You can adjust the order of images according to date, popularity, or random image sorting.
- Image linking. You can link images to the user profile, image, attachment, and custom URL.
This plugin is free to download and use with limited capabilities. More features are available if you opt for one of the premium plans – Personal at $29/year, Business at $59/year, and Unlim at $99/year.
6. Social Feed Gallery
- Downloads: 80,000+
- Rating: 4.5/5
- Notable features: optimized API, Lightbox, customizable layout
- Price: freemium
Social Feed Gallery is a freemium Instagram plugin for WordPress and developed by QuadLayers.
Here is how each of its features may be helpful to you:
- Optimized API. The API includes features for caching data, minimizing requests, and reducing loading time.
- Lightbox. It provides you with a pop-up window that allows users to see your Instagram content on your website.
- Customizable layout. You can change the appearance and position of your Instagram feeds. The free version gives you two default layouts – Grid and Carousel.
If you opt for the premium version, you will unlock more features such as the ability to feature multiple Instagram accounts, more layouts, a Load More button, and more detailed configurations for your Instagram picture pop-ups.
The premium plans’ prices are as follows – Personal at $19/license, Agency at $39/license, and Developer at $79/license. Take note that all of the premium plans require you to make a one-time payment only.
7. Enjoy Social Feed
- Downloads: 10,000+
- Rating: 4.2/5
- Notable features: Instagram widget, customizable layout, Lightbox
- Price: freemium
Enjoy Social Feed is an Instagram plugin by Mediabeta for publishing your Instagram feed on your WordPress website, for which you can use both widgets and shortcodes.
Here are some of its notable features:
- Instagram widget. An easy feature to display an Instagram feed in the widget area of your website.
- Customizable layout. You get two default layouts – Carousel and Grid. You can customize the number of pictures visible at one time and the number of columns or rows.
- Lightbox. A pop-up to display your Instagram pictures, complete with media caption and navigation arrow. The lightbox view also supports the HTML5 video format.
You can use this WordPress plugin for free, but the premium version offers more features such as multiple hashtags view, more layouts, and thorough Lightbox settings. The premium version of the plugin is available for $25.45.
Top 8 Premium Instagram Plugins
Here are some paid Instagram WordPress plugins with unique features, excellent customer support, and the added bonus of being fully responsive.
These features may come in various forms, such as data caching, Lightbox or Fancybox integration, customizable photo carousels, and hashtag to taxonomy conversion.
Most notably, paid plugins will usually provide detailed configuration options in terms of layout customization and content filtering.
1. Instagram Feed Pro by SmashBalloon
- Downloads: 1,000,000+
- Rating: 4.9/5
- Notable features: unlimited Instagram feeds, reliable data caching, Instagram hashtag feeds, GDPR compliant, multiple layouts, content moderation
- Price: $49-$299/year
Instagram Feed Pro is a robust Instagram feed WordPress plugin created by SmashBalloon.
It offers reliable data caching that caches data from Instagram to minimize requests and decrease loading time. The backup caching system will ensure that your Instagram feed is still visible when the Instagram API experiences a problem.
Here are more of its notable features:
- Instagram hashtag feeds. The plugin displays hashtag feeds without scraping Instagram’s website as it is fully compatible with Instagram’s newest API.
- GDPR compliance. This feature allows you to show a GDPR compliant version of your Instagram feed through a one-click setting. You don’t need to worry about being fined for displaying Instagram content on the website.
- Multiple layouts. It provides four layout options to choose from – Grid, Carousel, Masonry, and Highlight.
- Content moderation. Using its Moderation Mode, approve or hide specific content. For example, choose to hide irrelevant or offensive content and display only the best Instagram photos for your site visitors.
- Lightbox. It shows Instagram photos and videos in a pop-up window without visitors having to leave your website.
The Instagram Feed Pro plugin offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. There are four plans for you to choose from – Personal at $49/year, Business at $99/year, Developer at $149/year, and All Access Bundle at $299/year.
2. Instagram Journal
- Downloads: 1,800+
- Rating: 4.4/5
- Notable features: multiple layouts, photo limit control, customizable carousels, Instagram Journal theme, Fancybox
- Price: $20 for a Regular License or $100 for an Extended License
With its versatility and customizability, Instagram Journal is an Instagram feed WordPress plugin that you should consider. On top of the numerous layouts and carousel options, purchasing a license for this plugin will get you a free Instagram Journal theme.
Here is more explanation on its features:
- Multiple layouts. Offers different view modes such as Classic, Collage Carousel, Section Carousel, Large Carousel, and Infinity.
- Photo limit control. It allows limiting the number of Instagram photos loaded in by the API.
- Customizable carousels. You can control various aspects of your carousels, such as the animation, transition, and speed.
- Instagram Journal theme. If you use the plugin, you will get their Instagram Journal theme for free (originally priced at $48).
- Fancybox. Fancybox is a tool for displaying photos, HTML content, and multimedia on the website through a pop-up window floating on top of the web page. It comes with customization settings, such as different display animations and title positions.
Instagram Journal’s Regular License is available for $20, while the Extended License is available for $100.
- Downloads: over 1,800
- Rating: 4.4/5
- Notable features: multiple layouts, content filtering, post-approval system, Lightbox
- Price: $29/license
Grace is one of the best WordPress Instagram plugins for creating Instagram feed media galleries and widgets of Instagram posts.
Some additional information about its features:
- Customizability. Change various aspects of your Instagram feeds, such as the colors, composition, and ordering of the elements and layouts.
- Multiple layouts. The plugin provides you with such custom layouts as Masonry, Grid, Justified Galleries, and Image Slider.
- Content filtering. Use different filters to exclude or include Instagram posts by word, username, or URL.
- Post-approval system. It allows you to approve Instagram posts before they are displayed.
The Grace plugin doesn’t offer a free version and is available for $29/license.
4. AccessPress Instagram Feed Pro
- Downloads: 1,700+
- Rating: 4/5
- Notable features: Multiple layouts, Instagram sidebar widget, Lightbox
- Price: $17/license
Equipped with extensive customization options, AccessPress Instagram Feed Pro is an Instagram feed WordPress plugin used to display Instagram feeds in different layouts.
Here are more details on the features of this plugin:
- Multiple layouts. The plugin provides you with various layouts such as Masonry, Grid, Circular, and Slider. You can also adjust the number of rows and columns and the number of images shown.
- Instagram sidebar widget. Using an Instagram widget, you can add Instagram feeds and a Follow widget to the sidebar of your website.
- Lightbox. There are a total of six types of Lightbox plugins you can enable to show your Instagram photos in a pop-up – Classic, Swipe Box, prettyPhoto, Litbx, VenoBox, and AccessPress.
There is no free version of AccessPress Instagram Feed Pro available. You can purchase AccessPress Instagram Feed Pro for $17/license.
5. Instagram Feed by Elfsight
- Downloads: 18,000+
- Rating: 4.8/5
- Notable features: Slider and grid layouts, tile and classic templates, content filtering, flexible UI customization, pop-up mode, multilingual support
- Price: freemium
If you want a flexible Instagram feed WordPress plugin to create charming galleries of Instagram images, you might want to opt for Elfsight’s Instagram Feed.
The following list details how each feature can help you:
- Slider and grid layouts. Using these two layouts, you can choose to display your Instagram feed as a separate gallery or as part of your page content.
- Tile and Classic templates. With these templates, you can post your photo independently or use Instagram’s Classic style with the post meta.
- Content filtering. The filtering options allow you to omit unwanted photos and select certain content to be displayed.
- Flexible UI customization. It comes with eight adjustable parameters and twelve available color schemes.
- Pop-up mode. You can display content in a pop-up window, giving people a closer look at Instagram posts without having to leave your website.
- Multilingual support. The plugin supports 21 different languages such as English, German, or Korean.
Elfsight offers multiple plans to choose from. You can use the Lite plan for free. However, it does come with limited capabilities. Paid plans include Basic at $5/month, Pro at $10/month, and Enterprise at $25/month.
The paid plans also come with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
6. Instagram Theatre
- Downloads: 1,400+
- Rating: 4.2/5
- Notable features: Multiple layouts, tag Instagram feed mode, location Instagram feed mode, multiuser Instagram feed mode, Fancybox
- Price: $16 for a Regular License and $180 for an Extended License
Simple and easy to use, Instagram Theatre is another Instagram plugin you can choose to feature a beautiful Instagram gallery on your WordPress website.
Here is what you can expect from the features:
- Multiple layouts. The plugin allows organizing a gallery in three layouts – Fullscreen, Thumbnail, and List modes.
- Tag Instagram feed mode. Use this feature to search for a specific tag from the Instagram API.
- Location Instagram feed mode. Specify a location ID and display photos taken in a particular location.
- Multiuser Instagram feed mode. Choose multiple user IDs and show photos from their feeds.
- Fancybox. Using this tool, you can display photos, HTML content, and multimedia in a pop-up box that floats on top of your page.
Unfortunately, there is no free license to use this plugin. Purchase the Regular License for $16 or the Extended License for $80.
7. Social Stream Designer by Solwin Infotech
- Downloads: 180+
- Rating: 4.6/5
- Notable features: different social streams in one feed, multiple layouts and pagination types, live preview
- Price: $19/license
Solwin Infotech’s Social Stream Designer is a user-friendly plugin for publishing your social feed on your site.
We have provided a further explanation of each feature:
- Social networks. The plugin supports up to 14 social networks, including Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Multiple social streams in one feed. Using this feature, you can display posts from different social networks and combine them in a single feed.
- Multiple layouts. It provides you with six different layouts – Grid, List, Masonry, Horizontal Slider, Vertical Slider, and Timeline. These come with over 40 layout customization options.
- Different pagination types. It comes with three types of pagination – Standard pagination, a Load More button, and autoload.
- Fancybox. Using this tool, users can display photos, HTML content, and multimedia in a pop-up window.
There is no free version of this plugin. You can purchase Social Stream Designer’s Regular License for $19.
- Downloads: 5,000+
- Rating: 3.8/5
- Notable features: unlimited Instagram user accounts, image moderation, hashtag filtering, scheduled posting
- Price: $55/year-$255
Intagrate is a powerful Instagram feed plugin for publishing Instagram images on your WordPress site.
Find out more about what you can do with its features:
- Multiple photos and videos in one post. It supports Instagram’s new feature of allowing the combination of numerous photos and videos in a single post.
- Unlimited Instagram user accounts. You can connect an unlimited number of Instagram accounts, all with the same or different Instagram account configurations.
- Hashtag filtering. You can include or exclude content using unique hashtags.
- Scheduled posting. Although the plugin posts images when people visit your website, you can adjust the settings to post photos on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Hashtag to taxonomy conversion. You can turn Instagram hashtags into WordPress tags or another custom taxonomy.
There is no free plan for Intagrate, but it does provide you with a 14-day money-back guarantee. You can choose one of the following plans – Personal at $55/year, Business at $95/year, Developer at $155/year, and Ultimate at $255.
Benefits of Embedding Instagram to a Site
Embedding Instagram means inserting Instagram photo feeds or posts into a section of your website. This can be done in various ways, such as by providing screenshots, using Instagram’s native embedding code, embed code generators, or installing Instagram plugins.
Here are five reasons why you should embed Instagram to your WordPress website:
- Add more color and life to the site. Instagram feeds will make WordPress websites more lively and visually appealing.
- Increase visitor engagement. Embedding Instagram into a website encourages people to keep scrolling through the feed and stay longer on the site.
- Wider social media reach. Direct the traffic from a site to an Instagram account, increasing the number of followers.
- Increase brand awareness. When site visitors and Instagram account followers increase, more people will become aware of the brand and will spread the word around.
- Boost conversion rates. For an eCommerce site, source content from the Instagram accounts created by customers. This will increase brand credibility and encourage more people to buy a product or service.
You can embed Instagram feeds into your website easily using an Instagram feed plugin for WordPress. With WordPress Instagram plugins, add vibrancy to the site and increase visitor engagement, social media reach, brand awareness, and conversion rates.
If you are looking for simple and straightforward Instagram WordPress plugins, we recommend Simple Social Icons for a free plugin, with AccessPress Instagram Feed Pro being the paid counterpart.
Suppose you want plugins with an impressive number of configuration options in terms of layout, content moderation, pagination, and customization. In that case, we recommend 10Web Social Photo Feed for the free option and Instagram Feed Pro by SmashBalloon for the paid alternative.
Maybe you want to incorporate feeds from other social media platforms in addition to Instagram. In that case, we recommend opting for plugins such as the free plugin Feed Them Social and the paid plugin called Social Stream Designer by Solwin Infotech.
We hope that this article has helped you decide on the best WordPress Instagram plugin for your website. Good luck!