11 WordPress RSS Feed Plugins to Easily Share Latest Content
WordPress website owners and site developers who want to produce quality content consistently can use an RSS feed plugin.
Installing WordPress plugins with RSS functionality allow you to automatically share the latest content from social media platforms and blogs on your site.
Using a WordPress RSS feed plugin, you will ensure that there is always fresh content for your readers. This way, you can even innovate some originality when it comes to content format.
However, with plenty of options available, choosing the right plugin for your WordPress site can take some time.
To help you make a choice, we’ve listed the best free and paid WordPress RSS feed plugins. Keep on reading to find the most suitable RSS plugin for your needs.
What Is a WordPress RSS Feed Plugin?
A WordPress RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed plugin is an add-on for auto-blogging. It collects and aggregates content from various sources and displays it in feeds on your WordPress website.
An RSS plugin helps your website gain traffic and become the go-to source for information on your niche.
They also allow you to diversify your content format, including videos and social media posts and pages on your WordPress website.
Some of the most popular uses for WordPress RSS plugins are:
- News sites. Curate the most current information in the form of articles and videos from top sources.
- Niche-centered sites. Collect and display RSS feeds from other sites in the same industry.
- Listing sites. You can post up-to-date listings of jobs, real estate, and events from various sources.
- Personal sites. Gather your work posted on different sites to make an online portfolio.
A few examples of websites using RSS feed plugins include Personal Finance Blogs, which collects finance-focused articles from credible sites, and Crypto Headlines, which showcases YouTube videos about the latest cryptocurrency news.
Benefits of Using a WordPress RSS Feed Plugin
Using the best WordPress RSS feed plugin on your site will bring several benefits, such as:
- Organic audience growth. Consistently publishing fresh and relevant content can help rank your website better on search engines people find your website through organic search.
- Credibility. Sharing valuable and relevant information such as recent blog posts and videos from your niche helps you build trust with the audience.
- Better monetization. Some plugins allow you to add product galleries and affiliate links to your feed. Besides, they can help increase traffic to your website, increasing your website’s ad revenue.
Top 8 Free RSS Feed Plugin
If you are still unsure about using an RSS feed plugin or you are on a tight budget, you can choose a free plugin to start with.
To help you pick one, we gathered the eight best WordPress RSS feed plugins that you can download and use for free.
1. Smash Balloon Social Post Feed
- Downloads: 200,000+
- Rating: 4.8/5
- Notable features: Facebook feeds, built-in caching, customization options
- Best suited for: displaying social media feeds
Smash Balloon is a WordPress plugin that displays Facebook content, such as posts and links, on your website.
- Multiple feeds. Display multiple text feeds from multiple public Facebook accounts.
- LIghtning fast. The plugin comes with built-in caching to ensure a short load time for your feeds.
- Adaptable and customizable. Show or hide certain parts of the post, filter whose posts show in the feed, and change the number of posts displayed.
Smash Balloon’s free version offers comprehensive tools for users who want to focus their feeds on Facebook posts.
However, for more features such as photo feeds and different layouts, consider upgrading to a premium version, available from $49/year.
Additionally, Smash Balloon offers extensions for the premium version from $19/year.
2. Feedzy RSS Feeds
- Downloads: 50,000+
- Rating: 4.7/5
- Notable features: feed-to-post, article spinner, keyword blacklist
- Best suited for: websites focused on content quantity
Feedzy RSS Feeds is an easy-to-use WordPress plugin dedicated to collecting feed items from the web and automatically displaying them on your WordPress site.
- Feed to post. It automatically converts and filters RSS feed items to WordPress posts, pages, and custom post types.
- Integration with article spinner software. Ensure you have no duplicate content with the help of rewrite tools such as WordAI and SpinnerChief.
- Specific-keyword blacklist. Import feeds relevant to your industry and protect your website from pulling specific keywords as your feed items.
Feedzy RSS Feeds plugin is available to download for free. WordPress bloggers and site owners who need more advanced features can upgrade to a premium version, starting at $59/year.
All Feedzy pro plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
3. CyberSEO Lite
- Downloads: 10,000+
- Rating: 4.3/5
- Notable features: full-text import, WPML compatible, video embedding
- Best suited for: news websites
CyberSEO Lite is a WordPress RSS feed plugin built to curate and fetch full-text articles from online sources to websites.
- Full-text import. It uses a full-text RSS extractor to import complete articles without using additional tools.
- WPML compatible. The plugin translates articles for over 100 languages using translation services such as Google Translate and Yandex Translate.
- Video embedding. It enables video embedding from popular sources such as YouTube and Vimeo.
You can download CyberSEO Lite’s free version on the WordPress plugin directory.
Consider upgrading to CyberSEO Pro, starting at $59.95 for a one-site license, for more news-site features. It’ll get you access to sources such as BBC, CNN, and ABC News.
4. WPeMatico RSS Feed Fetcher
- Downloads: 20,000+
- Rating: 4.8/5
- Notable features: multimedia fetcher, multiple categories, and tags, user-friendly interface
- Best suited for: auto-blogging
WPeMatico is a WordPress RSS feed plugin for autoblogging. It is a feed fetcher that imports posts from RSS feeds to your website as posts, pages, or media.
- Features images. It allows you to set the images attached to a post as featured images.
- Multiple tags and category-specific RSS feed options. Add unlimited feed items and organize them into existing or new categories and tags.
- Easy-to-use interface. The interface is similar to WordPress, but the features are organized by different colors for easy identification.
WPeMatico comes with a free version, but you can upgrade to the premium version, from $82, to access professional add-ons such as keyword filtering, full-text posts, and custom post types.
5. WP RSS Aggregator
- Downloads: 70,000+
- Rating: 4.5/5
- Notable features: auto-discovery, unlimited sources, shortcode parameters
- Best suited for: aggregator websites
WP RSS Aggregator is one of the best WordPress RSS feed plugins available. It automatically imports, aggregates, and displays content on your site from various sources.
- RSS feed auto-discovery. Simply add a website URL, and WP RSS Aggregator will automatically fetch the RSS feeds available.
- Unlimited feed sources. It allows users to import RSS feeds from as many sources as they want to create a unique blend of feed items.
- Block and shortcode displays. WP RSS Aggregator offers total flexibility and customization in terms of what content appears where, how, and when using the built-in shortcode and block options.
A free version is available for users who want to aggregate content from reputable sources and establish credibility.
For advanced features, WP RSS Aggregator offers a premium version, starting at $59/year.
The pro plans offer a 30-day money-back guarantee and add-ons such as keyword filtering and full-text to display the content as a post instead of excerpt feeds on your WordPress site.
6. Continuous RSS Scrolling
- Downloads: 800+
- Rating: 4/5
- Notable features: drag-and-drop setup, easy installation
- Best suited for: showcasing feed items
Continuous RSS Scrolling is a great WordPress plugin to showcase a vertical scrolling RSS widget with all the RSS feeds available on your site.
- Easy setup. Activate the plugin, drag and drop the widget to the sidebar, and it will continuously scroll through the titles of your RSS feed items.
- Easy installation. You don’t need coding knowledge to install and configure the plugin.
- Single-feed. It ensures your website is clutter-free by showing only one RSS feed at a time.
Continuous RSS Scrolling is completely free to download.
7. Super RSS Reader
- Downloads: 10,000+
- Rating: 4.7/5
- Notable features: thumbnail display, listing feed, newsticker effect
- Best suited for: multiple widget display
This plugin is an excellent WordPress RSS feed solution to display several feeds in an organized way.
- Thumbnail display. Display a thumbnail for the feed item and position it to your liking.
- Listing feed. Import feeds such as events, deals, job and real estate listings on your website.
- Newsticker effect. Display news headlines at the bottom of your RSS feed.
Besides the free version, this WordPress plugin offers premium plans, starting at $19 for one site.
The plugin’s premium version comes with a 14-day refund policy and advanced features such as grid display, shortcode to display the RSS feed anywhere on your site, and CSS Classes for further styling.
8. WordPress RSS Feed Retriever
- Downloads: 10,000+
- Rating: 4.8/5
- Notable features: multiple feed style, unlimited feed display, feed-display control
- Best suited for: auto-blogging from unlimited RSS feeds
RSS Feed Retriever is a lightweight plugin that imports and reposts feeds from multiple sources on your WordPress site.
- Multiple ways to display RSS feeds. You have the flexibility to display feeds anywhere using different shortcode options for Gutenberg blocks, text widgets, and PHP files.
- An unlimited number of feed displays. Fetch as many RSS feeds as you want while keeping the website lightweight and fast.
- Feed display control. Manage whether links open in a new window and if they have a Read More link or not.
This WordPress plugin is free to download, but it also offers a premium version for blogs and personal sites for $28.99/year. All premium plans come with a year of support and updates.
Top 3 Premium RSS Feed Plugins
If you don’t mind paying more for extra functionality, features, and add-ons, here are the top three best RSS feed plugins for your WordPress website.
1. Echo RSS Feed
- Downloads: 1,000+
- Rating: 4.8/5
- Notable features: built-in shortcode collection, auto-discovery, post-filtering
- Best suited for: auto-blogging for and from multiple feeds
- Price: from $39/license
Echo RSS Feed is an RSS aggregator plugin that allows users to import RSS feeds to their WordPress website and automate blog posts.
- Built-in shortcode options. Display posts easily and place feed items anywhere on your WordPress site with the plugin’s shortcodes.
- RSS feed auto-discovery. Enter any page address, and the auto-discovery feature will find the RSS feed URL for you.
- Post filtering. Blacklist words to block sites with spammy posts and invalid HTML.
This premium WordPress RSS plugin starts at $39 for a regular license and goes up to $245 for an extended license.
Both plans come with quality checks, future updates, and six-month support. You can extend the support to 12 months for an additional cost.
2. WordPress Automatic Plugin
- Downloads: 23,500+
- Rating: 4.8/5
- Notable features: product feed, social media feed, feed filter
- Best suited for: auto-posting from numerous sources
- Price: from $30/license
This plugin allows you to import RSS feeds from unlimited sources and different content formats such as articles, videos, audios, products, and listings.
- Product auto-post. Import from Amazon, eBay, and Walmart to create a product-rich gallery with automatically-set affiliate links.
- Social media auto-post. Import posts based on keywords, hashtags, and specific profiles from popular social platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
- RSS feed item filter. Filter feed items based on author, category, and language.
This WordPress RSS feed plugin is available for $30 with six months of customer support. If you want to extend the support to 12 months, there’s an additional cost of $9.38.
3. RSS Autopilot
- Downloads: 1,500+
- Rating: 4.23/5
- Notable features: content extractor, translation ready, featured images
- Best suited for: importing selected content
- Price: from $22/license
This RSS plugin is a content extractor to create automatic WordPress posts from different online sources.
- Content extractor. Select and show only a particular section, area, or part of an article on your website.
- Translation ready. Grab posts from other languages and have them automatically translated into your website’s language.
- Featured image. Add a featured image on each feed with image position and thumbnail sizing options.
You can get this RSS feed plugin on CodeCanyon for $22 on a regular license and $110 on an extended license.
Unlike other WordPress plugins on the premium list, RSS AutoPilot doesn’t come with customer support.
Discover Other WordPress Plugins
Those were the 11 best WordPress RSS feed plugins for your website. Each caters to different needs and has unique features, so let’s recap what each plugin is most suitable for.
For those who are looking for free WordPress RSS plugins:
- Smash Balloon Social Post Feed. Best for showcasing social media feeds.
- Feedzy RSS Feeds. Most suitable for quickly importing relevant content.
- CyberSEO Lite. Specifically designed for news aggregation sites.
- WPeMatico RSS Feed Fetcher. An auto-blogging plugin.
- WP RSS Aggregator. Best for aggregator websites.
- Continuous RSS Scrolling. Best for displaying RSS feed titles.
- Super RSS Reader. An excellent plugin to display real estate listings and thumbnails of feed items.
- WordPress RSS Feed Retriever. Best for fast and lightweight auto-blogging.
For advanced functionality, here are the three best WordPress RSS feed plugins:
- Echo RSS Feed. Best for website owners looking for advanced features to automate posts.
- WordPress Automatic Plugin. Most suitable for websites that import various media types.
- RSS Autopilot. Best for detail-oriented aggregation sites such as selecting specific text from a blog post, for example.
With so many different plugins available for different types of RSS feeds, you will certainly find one that fits your needs, from social media to blog content.
Hopefully, this article will help you make a decision more easily. Also, let us know which plugin you picked in the comments section below.