Mar 09, 2021
How to Setup an Email Account on iOS
If you’re using an iOS device, accessing your emails on the go is a breeze. While iOS integrates and provides automatic updates for popular mail providers like Gmail and Microsoft Outlook, to get your mail from a custom email address, you need to set it up manually.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to setup an email on iOS by using a custom email.
1. Finding Your Email Settings
First off, go to your hPanel dashboard to check your email account details. Go to the Emails section and click on Email Accounts. If you don’t have a custom email yet, check out our other tutorial.
TIP: If your domain name is already pointing to Hostinger, use this shortcut instead. First, go to mobileconfig.mail.hostinger.com/ios and enter in your name and email address. Then, install the Hostinger file and fill in the correct E-mail details (from step 1). Following the rest of the instructions and that’s it!
2. Adding a New Email Account
Once that is done, we can add a new email account to your iPhone:
- To start, navigate to your Settings -> Passwords & Accounts.
- Choose Add Account.
- You’ll be presented with a few mail provider options. Click on Other to add a custom email address.
- Then, click on Add Mail Account.
3. Setting Up the Email
Now we’re going to use the information you’ve copied previously from your hpanel to set up the rest of your email.
- A New Account window will appear. Pay attention here and make sure you fill in everything correctly.
- Name – the full name that will also appear as the sender name
- Email – your complete email address
- Password – the password you use to login to the email address you used
- Description – this is only visible to you, so you can jot down anything you want
- Once finished, click Next.
- You will see two options – IMAP and POP. In this example, we will choose IMAP as our protocol of choice. Now, enter your email server settings (from Step 1) for both Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server. Here’s how it should look:
- Host Name – your IMAP Host (incoming) and SMTP Host (outgoing)
- User Name – the same email you entered previously
- Password – the password same as before
- Once finished, click Next and then Save.
- Go back to Settings -> Passwords & Accounts. You will see the name of the account you’ve just created. In this example, it’s Tutorial.
- If you go to your Mail app, you should see your newly added account among your other mailboxes.
Well done! Now you know how to add and setup an email on iOS. It wasn’t that hard now, was it? If all of the information you’ve entered was correct, you should already be receiving emails on your iOS device.
If you still have a problem, recheck all the information entered. If something is still not working or you ran into any trouble, contact customer support for help.