If you’re using an iOS device, accessing your emails on the go is a breeze. While iOS integrates and provides automatic updates for popular mail providers like Gmail and Microsoft Outlook, to get your mail from a custom email address, you need to set it up manually. In this tutorial, we will show you how to setup an email on iOS by using a custom email. For this tutorial, we’ll use iOS version 12.3.1.
1. Finding Your Email Settings
First off, go to your hPanel dashboard to check your email account details. Go to the Emails section and click on Email Accounts. If you don’t have a custom email yet, check out our other tutorial.
Under the Email details section, copy your account details. We will use these later.
2. Adding a New Email Account
Once that is done, we can add a new email account to your iPhone:
- Go to Settings -> Passwords and Accounts.
- Choose Add Account.
- You’ll be presented with a few mail provider options. Click on the Other to add a custom email address.
- Then, click on the Add Mail Account button.
3. Setting Up the Email
Now we’re going to use the information you’ve copied previously.
- A New Account window will appear. Pay attention here and make sure you fill in everything correctly.
- Name – that would be your full name that will appear as your sender name.
- Email – that’s your complete email address.
- Password – enter the password you use to login to your email account.
- Description – this is only visible to you, so you can jot down anything you want.
- Once finished, click Next.
- You will see two options – IMAP and POP. In this example, we will choose IMAP as our protocol of choice. Now, enter your email server settings that we’ve copied earlier for both Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server. Here’s how it should look:
- Host Name – that would be your IMAP Host (incoming) and SMTP Host (outgoing)
- User Name – that’s the same email you entered previously
- Password – enter the password same as before
- Once finished, choose Next and then Save.
- Go back to Settings -> Passwords & Accounts. You will see the name of the account you’ve just created. In this example, it’s Hostinger-Dev-6.
- If you go to your Mail app, you should see your newly added account among your other mailboxes.
Well done! Now you know how to add and setup an email on iOS. It wasn’t that hard now, was it? If all of the information you’ve entered was correct, you should already be receiving emails on your iOS device.
If you still have a problem, recheck all the information entered. If something is still not working or you ran into any trouble, contact customer support for help.