In this article, we will guide you on how to setup email on Android device so you could easily check and manage your emails from any location.
1. Finding Your Email Settings
In order to setup your email account on an Android device, the first thing you need to do is find your email details. They are located on your hPanel dashboard.
1. Log in to your Hostinger account. Then, navigate to Email -> Email Accounts. You will find all of your email details in this section.
2. If you haven’t got one already, you can configure it under Create New Email Account section. Once finished, click on Create.
2. Adding and Setting up a New Email Account
When you’ve copied your email information, you need to add and set it up on your smartphone or tablet. Usually, Android devices use Gmail services as the default app for emails. Now, follow the instructions below:
1. In the top right corner of your Gmail app, click on your account. There will be a new prompt. Choose the Add another account option. On the next page, choose Other.
2. Once you’ve entered your email, don’t hit the Next button just yet. Instead, you need to select Manual Setup.
3. Now, you will have to choose what protocol you want to use to get your mail – POP3, IMAP, or Exchange. To have better synchronization from multiple devices, it is best to choose IMAP option. When all is done, enter your password.
4. Time to configure your Incoming Server Settings. You must specify your Mail Server Address. This information can be found on the same Email Accounts page of your hPanel.
Sometimes, when you are using another hosting provider or connecting your account to a different email client, you may be asked to enter a ports number. In that case, here’s what you should use when using Hostinger services.
- POP3 Port (Secured) — 995
- IMAP Port (Secured) — 993
- SMTP Port (Secured) — 587
5. Enter the same information for Outgoing Server Settings.
6. Set your sync frequency and check any additional settings you would like to use.
7. Lastly, type in your account name and your personal name – or any name that you would like to use – so you could filter out messages from your personal account.
Congratulations, you have successfully added a custom domain email on your Android device!
We have learned how to setup email on Android, and as you can see, these steps were pretty easy to follow.
To recap, you have to find your email details on your hPanel and enter the necessary information in your Gmail or any other Android email app to add your account.