Mar 18, 2021
How to Set up Email on Samsung Devices
Samsung devices come with a default app called Samsung Email that makes accessing and managing emails on the go much more convenient. However, you need to find and set the correct configuration settings to make it work.
In this article, we’ll take a look at how to do just that.
1. Find Your Email Details
First, we’ll need to find your email details. For Hostinger’s email hosting services, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your hPanel dashboard and head over to Emails -> Email Accounts.
- Here you’ll find your email details, such as IMAP and SMTP server info. Save this information somewhere, we’ll need it in the next step.
- If you don’t have an email account yet, scroll down to the Create a New Email Account section to make one. Simply fill in the required fields and press Create.
If you’re using Gmail, for example, consult this support page to get your configuration details. For the rest of this tutorial, though, we will be using Hostinger hosted email as an example.
2. Add an Email Account to Samsung Email
You can choose either the automatic or manual method to set up an email account on Samsung’s default email client.
There’s no real difference between the two methods, but if the system can’t figure out your email settings automatically, it will prompt the manual setup.
Before we move on, keep in mind that our examples were captured on a Samsung Galaxy A50 with a stable version of Android 10. While the overall process should be similar, there might be slight differences for other models.
With that being said, here’s how to add an email account to Samsung Email:
- Locate and open the Email app on your phone. Several email service providers will be shown, but for this tutorial will be choosing the Other option.
- Once a window is opened, enter your email account and password. Then, press Sign In.
- A popup window will appear with three account types to choose from, with the most common protocols used for incoming messages being POP3 and IMAP.
IMPORTANT: We recommend choosing the IMAP account option if you want to access the email content on multiple devices
- Check whether the details shown on the next page match the configuration details we’ve copied from before. Make necessary adjustments, if not.
- Sign In once done and the rest will be done for you.
You’ve now successfully added an email account to Samsung Email.
3. Remove an Email Account From Your Device
If you ever want to remove an account, simply follow these steps:
- Tap the ellipsis (three dots) icon near your Inbox.
- Then, press the gear icon, choose your account and select Remove.
This concludes our guide on how to add an email account to Samsung Email. You can add or remove as many accounts as possible by following the steps shown in this tutorial.
If you have any more questions, feel free to leave a comment down below.