Monday January 23, 2023
New Server Location: Introducing Our Data Center in Paris, France
The location of your data center affects a key aspect of user experience – website speed.
The further the server is from your visitors, the longer your website takes to load on their screens.
That’s why we’re thrilled to announce that a new data center is now available in Paris, France – making it our fourth server based in Europe. Our clients in the region can now switch to this new location and get faster page loading times.
A Behind-the-Scenes Look Into Our French Data Center
If you’re a website owner based in France, you most likely had to choose between the UK or Netherlands data center. While both offered good performance, we wanted to take our clients to the next level.
NVMe Servers: Powering High-Performance Web Hosting
The new data center is one of a kind. As a customer-obsessed company, we sought to develop a new tech stack that offers our clients the best performance and puts us at the forefront of the hosting industry. Here are the technical details behind our French data center:
- It uses NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) storage, making the IOPS (Input/Output Operations Per Second) up to ten times faster. This can greatly improve website performance, especially for sites with a lot of disk operations like database queries.
- AMD processors provide the lowest possible latency and lightning-fast data transfer.
- RAID data storage technology protects your data in case of hard disk failures.
All these combined results in a speedy page loading time, stable performance, and smooth user experience – even during peak traffic.
With this new server set up and tested, it is now ready to connect to our global network of Tier-3 data centers.
Sustainability and Social Responsibility: The Core Values of Hostinger
Hostinger’s customer obsession extends beyond our clients. We’re committed to putting our environment first by being sustainable and socially responsible in our day-to-day operations and hosting technology.
The new data centers in Paris are powered by 100% renewable energy from local French sources. The power usage effectiveness (PUE) design is 1.25, a good benchmark for data centers.
The servers also utilize free cooling – a technique designed to reduce energy consumption and minimize environmental impact.
What’s more, we’ve implemented carbon compensation in the data centers to reduce their overall carbon footprint. To ensure our systems comply with international environmental and energy management standards, we had the data centers certified in ISO 14001 and ISO 50001.
How to Switch to the French Data Center
Moving to the French data center is no different from any other server location at Hostinger – it’s easy and completely free.
Before initiating the transfer, keep in mind that:
- Once you’ve made the switch, all websites under the hosting plan will be migrated to the French data center.
- Your hosting’s IP address will change.
- The hPanel will be inaccessible during the transfer to prevent clients from making changes.
- The process can run between 1 to 4 hours. If DNS changes are necessary, it may take up to 12 hours.
To initiate the transfer, follow our guide on how to change your data center.
Reach French Visitors Faster With Our New Data Center
The new server in Paris marks our fourth location in Europe, and it won’t be our last. Besides France, you can also choose a European data center in the UK, the Netherlands, or Lithuania.
A fast loading speed creates a positive domino effect on your business. It can make your visitors stay longer on your website, reducing bounce rates and increasing conversions. A local data center helps you achieve these results.
No matter where you are in the world, Hostinger has got you covered.