Last year we had our best ever year as a company, which is why we have prepared this Hostinger 2017 review for you. In 2017, we kept our position as the world’s cheapest web hosting service provider. We made our business operations more efficient by introducing a highly streamlined and effective OKR and bi-weekly sprint evaluation system. We also adopted a method taken from Montessori education for our 360-degree peer reviews.
Moreover, we took a big step forward in terms of how we innovate. We bootstrapped the revolutionary BitDegree project, we reached 100/100 on Google PageSpeed Insights and we moved even further towards full stack automation.
Finally, 2017 was the year in which Hostinger grew. And we grew big. Compared to 2016, we doubled our revenues, the number of newly acquired users and the total headcount of the company.
You may think that after such a record year, that we will be taking things easier in 2018. But we absolutely won’t be. We are working tirelessly to remain unbeaten at offering you the cheapest web hosting solutions in the world, and we are planning to improve even further on our record 2017.
So this brings the question, “how?”
We can’t tell you everything, but below is a taste of what to expect from Hostinger in 2018. We believe the key to our success will come from making constant improvements to our products and our employees.
Improvements to our range of products
- Improved infrastructure: we are planning a huge overhaul of all of our hardware and software. This will include the introduction of new features on all Hostinger products, meaning you will be able to succeed online even faster!
- Improved CMS compatibility: we are working towards improving the performance of Hostinger products with all major content management systems. WordPress will still remain our main focus.
- Improved VPS services: our virtual private servers will still remain the cheapest in the world. Yet after listening to your feedback, we will focus on improving the performance of our hardware, and making upgrades from shared web hosting plans to VPS’ as seamless as possible. Expect our VPS’ to run even smoother than ever in 2018.
Improvements amongst our employees
The biggest internal change we made in 2017 was the introduction of the Montessori education-based peer review. Instead of having time consuming, chore-like face-to-face appraisals, all Hostinger employees now review each other as way of self-improvement. In terms of customer support, this method of constant self-critiquing has led to us creating a ever-improving customer support team. Our employee productivity has improved, and the quality of our UP support is growing rapidly. We have no plans to stop this rate of development in 2018.
Improvements to our levels of customer support
Following a successful ‘Black Friday’ in 2017, we noticed that we needed to respond faster to our customers’ requests. In 2018, we are aiming to make a breakthrough in our customer service department. We have already started this process by implementing peer-to-peer feedback, and recruiting Grade-A talent from around the world. We hope that by employing international talent, we will dramatically raise our standards of customer service and see a major drop in our response times. After all, quicker responses mean happier, loyal customers!
Improvements to be even more customer friendly
- Our custom built control panel will allow us to react quicker than ever to your – our customers’ – needs.
- We pledge to listen what you want, and will ask you to vote for your most needed functions on all Hostinger services. We will then implement them based on their popularity.
- We will do as much as we possibly can to help you focus on bringing your online projects to life and making them shine. We want to spend more time helping you succeed, and less time on fixing hosting provider related problems.
To keep you updated with how our plans are going, we will be writing a monthly round-up of our activities on this blog. Be sure to keep up-to-date on our journey, because we’re sure it will be exciting. We want you to be part of it every step of the way!
In the meantime, do not hesitate in telling us what you enjoyed most about using Hostinger services in 2017; where do you think we can improve this year, and what you would like to see us introduce. We’ll be sure to listen and to take your feedback into account.