Being able to block certain IP addresses from accessing your website can be useful for plenty of reasons. Maybe someone is spamming your comments section with phishing links, or you simply want to ban someone due to inappropriate remarks.
In this article, you will learn how to block an IP address using the IP Manager in hPanel. Let’s begin!
Why Block an IP Address?
There are a number of reasons why you should consider using the IP address blocking feature, here are some examples:
- Damage to your bandwidth — spammers, and bots use up your website’s bandwidth. Protect your website and its visitors by blocking their activity.
- Malicious content — bots usually spread comments containing unwanted information. You get nothing out of their presence but phishing links containing possible viruses and malware.
- Hackers — if you often find suspicious activities on your website, you’re most likely under hacker’s attack. Simply deny their access by blocking their IP address or prevent any entry to your website for everyone except you.
How to Block an IP Address using hPanel?
Blocking an IP address on Hostinger only takes a few easy steps:
- Login to your hPanel.
- Scroll down and locate the IP Manager under the Other section.
- Fill in the IP address you want to block in the IP to deny column. You can also leave yourself a reminder on why you’re blocking the IP address using Notes. When you’re all done, simply click Add.
- If everything was done correctly, you’ll receive a confirmation message! Repeat the steps as many times as needed.
You can reverse this action by simply repeating the same steps on the Allow an IP column or deleting the settings at the bottom part of the page.
There you have it, an easy and simple way on how to block an IP address using hPanel and securing your website from unwanted visitors. Good luck!