When creating a website with Weebly, you might want to use a unique domain name that you have purchased elsewhere. Luckily, there is an easy method to point your custom domain name to Weebly, which we will cover in this article.
Let’s get right to it.
Pointing Domain Name to Weebly
To point your Hostinger-hosted domain name to Weebly, you simply have to follow the steps below:
- Locate and access DNS Zone Editor from your hPanel.
- Since Hostinger already has A Records pointing to an IP address, all you need to do is to Edit the @ host and change it to
126.96.36.199(Weebly’s IP address). Hit Update once you’re done.
The hard part is over! You have successfully pointed your custom domain name to Weebly. However, keep in mind that the DNS changes may take up to 48 hours to take place.
Changing Domain Name on Weebly
Once you have pointed the domain name to Weebly’s IP address, it’s time to assign the domain to your site:
- Open Weebly’s editor and go to Settings -> General -> Site Address, and press Change.
- A pop-up window will appear. Choose connect or transfer it now.
- Enter your domain name, select Connect your domain, and choose a pricing plan. It costs at least $5.00/month to use a personalized domain name.
That’s it! If you experienced any issue following this tutorial, contact your hosting customer support and they will gladly help you to point your customized domain name to Weebly.
There you have it! In this quick tutorial, you have learned how to point a custom domain to a Weebly website. All you need to do is change the DNS record from the hPanel, and then enter the domain into your site’s settings. Pretty easy, isn’t it?
Leave a comment below if you have any questions.